Litter-Robot is not detecting your cat
Watch this Cat Sensor Troubleshooting video: WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL
The globe must be at cat-ready Home position with a solid blue light.
With the unit powered ON, unplug the power supply from the base and wait 10 seconds.
Plug the unit back in, allow it to complete the start-up cycle, and follow the steps below.
1. Hold the Cycle button for 5 seconds. Both blue AND yellow lights are now on.
2. Hold the Cycle button for 5 seconds. Yellow light turns off, blue light remains lit.
3. Activate the cat sensor by pressing on the globe just above the entrance in a forward and downward motion. The red light should engage. (NOTE: To activate CATS, press on the top of the globe entrance in a downward motion that pushes away from your body.
4. Press the Reset button to clear this status and proceed to troubleshooting.
1. Press the Cycle button. The unit should cycle and return to Home with a solid blue light.
2. Adjust your cat sensor by pressing the Reset button.
3. Test CATS by pressing on the globe just above the entrance in a forward and downward motion. The red light should engage.
4. If the red light does not turn on after applying pressure, check your unit placement (below).
UNIT PLACEMENT TIPS (COMMON ISSUES):• Avoid pushing the unit into a corner or against a wall. Ensure nothing is resting against the unit.
• Remove any mats from under the unit. Place it on a solid, firm surface for best results.
• Always press Reset when adding litter, removing waste, or moving the unit. Press Reset with the unit showing a blue solid light. • Do not rest on the unit when pressing Reset.
• Use 8-10 pounds of clay clumping litter (standard weight). Alternative/lightweight litter can cause issues with the unit weight system.
• For safety, cats under 5 pounds may not trigger the unit. Manually cycle the unit until your cat reaches a safe weight of 5+ pounds.